Information and Records Management
Every working day, organisations generate information in a wide range of formats, most of it electronically. Information is often described as the lifeblood of the organisation, yet most organisations struggle to manage this information effectively and efficiently. At IFC we provide a range of services to help organisations manage their information more effectively.
Enterprise Content Management Systems
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems are suites of software that address one or more aspects of document and records management. There is no agreed definition of what an ECM system must contain but they typically will address the areas shown in the diagram.
IFC can carry out a wide range of tasks including:
- Conducting feasibility studies
- Developing an Information Management Strategy
- Undertaking information surveys and audits
- Developing a corporate classification scheme or file plan
- Preparing a business case
- Business process analysis, including process analysis and re-engineering
- Requirements definition
- System design and configuration
- Procurement support
- Defining implementation strategies
- Producing and supporting the implementation of records management policies
- Developing disposal schedules
- Record keeping audits and establishing ISO 15489 compliant procedures
- Legal admissibility audits and establishing BS10008 compliant processes
- Change management support
- System rollout
- Project review and recovery services.